"*" indicates required fields
This role reports to the Director of Testing and is responsible for all aspects of semiconductor quality from development through assembly, qualification, and manufacturing as well as quality in the field.
Quality Reliability Engineers provide project management, product, process design/development and sustaining support for integrated circuit or semiconductor assemblies, various other electronic components, sub systems and/or completed units. Responsible for physical understanding, model prediction and enhancement of quality & reliability for advanced products, transistor, interconnect, assembly/package, and testing process. Defines Si/assembly/package qualification requirement and responsible for product qualification or technology certification. Defines/develops and conducts stress tests, DFX requirements and research on individual technology components as well as integrated circuit/products
- Defining the requirements for new product qualification.
- Create qualification plans and generate Reliability reports.
- Working with Assembly sub-cons to qualify packaging solutions.
- Interface with the Business Units and Product Development and design groups.
- Oversee the overall Product Reliability Monitoring Program.
- Oversee the Reliability test solutions design and improvements.
- Evaluate and qualify the reliability for all products.
- Work with foundries to access and characterize the reliability of the CMOS process and makes recommendations for process control and continuous improvement.
- Work with designers to qualify new process technologies, to ensure quality of design performance, and implements test structures for advanced CMOS processes to meet customer reliability requirements.
- Understand, from a reliability standpoint, the materials, properties, process capability and techniques used in and Si wafer fabrication, assembly, and packaging.
- Manages all customer and qualification FA’s through an outsourced FA model.
- Write failure analysis reports, including charts and photographs.
- Document & specify test systems, Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA) specifications & reliability reports.
- Benchmark reliability operations and process evaluation systems at other semiconductor manufacturers.
- Understanding failure mechanisms and drive corrective actions
- Developing, applying, and modifying reliability methodologies and models to characterize semiconductor device lifetime
- Applying established methodologies to ensure failure rates meet lifetime specifications
- Working with process, device, and packaging development teams to assess the thermal and operating characteristics semiconductor products, including reliability relating to chip-package interactions.
- Assessing the impact of thermal and reliability changes in semiconductor processes, materials, and packaging.
- Developing acceleration techniques, life tests, and analytical tools to assure early detection of potential failure mechanisms.
Qualifications & experience preferences:
- BS degree in Physics, EE, Mat Sci. (or equivalent)
- Working knowledge of all commercial, JDEC and QML qualification requirements
- Good working knowledge of CMOS device physics a plus
- Familiarity with all standard FEOL and BEOL reliability tests/metrics such as, GOI, HCI, NBTI, TDDB, Vramp, Vt, EM, SM, VBD
- Experience working in a semiconductor foundry performing process reliability evaluations is desired
· Prior experience with foundry interfacing, circuit design, and/or product engineering beneficial
· Solid knowledge of circuit analysis and semiconductor device physic concepts and FA techniques
- Semiconductor device physics
- CMOS fabrication process
- Semiconductor packaging
- Demonstrated analytical skills and the ability to use data-driven approaches to resolve quality and reliability issues
- Location is Austin, TX
- Excellent communication and people skills. An individual who is straightforward, articulate, and tactful with others.
- An accomplished presenter. Will be capable of conveying complex concepts in simple terms and of tailoring their presentation style of delivery to suit their audience.
- Must be able to work effectively at all levels.
- Inventive, open-minded, and reliable
- Result-oriented and the ability to manage time and multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer communication skills