- Independently determine and develop solutions to a wide range of problems involved in system definition and configuration. This requires frequent inter-organizational communication and occasional outside customer contacts.
- Translate marketing specifications for capital equipment orders and retrofits into an engineering bill of material, allowing production control and manufacturing to purchase, fabricate, stage and build the customer order.
- Maintain ownership of the release of bills of material for all retrofit and capital equipment.
- Manage designers for any custom engineering work required to process a customer order.
- Respond to inquiries, questions, or problems from engineering, business development, marketing, production control, manufacturing & purchasing, and offer guidance and/or solutions based on experience and documentation requirements.
- Maintain an effective, uncluttered product structure which is flexible enough to accommodate changes and enhancements, yet stable enough to function smoothly within a rigid manufacturing environment.
- Perform, assist and/or supervise special assignments as required.
- Coordinate and schedule other organizations’ requirements to enable their design and documentation objectives to be met.
- Provide documentation that results in a level of accuracy which surpasses customer’s expectations (internal and external), and also provide guidance to others on documentation needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or extensive experience, coupled with technical training in both the semiconductor industry and manufacturing technology
ExperienceMinimum five years’ experience in product structure/configuration, specification and documentation of complex high level manufacturing equipment, preferably in the semiconductor industry. Ideally, this would encompass both the creation of a unique product structure for new equipment and the maintenance of a coherent structure for mature products or an equivalent combination of education and experience for which comparable knowledge, skills and ability has been achieved.
- Experience with creating variant configuration models in SAP
- Experienced with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and SAP
- Working knowledge of mechanical fundamentals, electrical fundamentals and pneumatics, including gas schematic familiarity
- Experience with cost, price and gross margin calculations
- Experienced Pro Engineer and AutoCAD user is a plus
- Software programming skills are a plus
- Excellent organizational abilities and detail orientation, to handle the large volume of minutiae inherent in several large projects active simultaneously.
- Product Configuration
- Manufacturing Operations
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Project Engineering
- Final Test Technician
- Technical Support
- Technical Planning