General Position Summary:
The Process Engineer will report directly to the Chief Operations Officer and support the execution of manufacturing goals by leading continuous improvement on cost, process sustainability and new product/process developments.
This position does not have supervisory authority.
Essential functions and Responsibilities:
- Driving and sustaining continuous improvement for volume manufacture of high precision and high power microelectronic analog products.
- Configuring, programming, operating, qualifying, and sustaining the operation of manual and automated assembly machines (epoxy, solder, die attach, pick-n-place, wire-bonding, plasma cleaning, etc.)
- Identifying and driving cost down initiatives.
- Working with outside consultants, suppliers and contract manufacturers to identify and develop process and sustain/ improve current equipment capabilities.
- Overseeing the implementation and maintenance of customer and engineering documentation changes and internal change orders.
- Utilizes statistical tools to identify quality and/or cost improvements.
- Driving internal and external corrective action plans.
- Working closely with Design team to ensure the smooth transition of new designs into production, including supporting pilot runs and full manufacturing ramp up.
- Performing process level FMEAs as required.
- Performing Design for Manufacturability and working with Engineering on Design Rules.
- Performs other related duties as requested or required.
- Experience in die attach, wire bonding, SMT, hermetic/non-hermetic sealing, and soldering
- Experience with electronic materials, including conductive epoxies, encapsulates, solders, and ceramic substrates
- Experience configuring, programming, operating, qualifying, and sustaining the operation of automated manufacturing systems
- Proficient in statistical analysis
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Proficient in CAD design tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent technical, conceptual, and analytical skills
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication and teamwork skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Data driven with proven ability to apply scientific and engineering concept