We are looking for highly technical Customer Quality Engineer to spearhead all aspects of Product Quality from product development through high volume production for our tier 1 customers. In this role, you will focus on audio and voice products using our analog system on chips (ASoCs) for artificial intelligence (AI) applications such as smart speakers/microphones, virtual assistants and intelligent gaming controllers, as well as automotive in-dash systems, enterprise client devices and wired/wireless headsets. You will partner with Design, Packaging, Wafer Foundry, Assembly Factories, Test, Failure Analysis, Reliability, Supply Chain and Sales to ensure high quality products are delivered to our customers prior to production launch. This is a very critical role within the company and will have high visibility. If you are looking to make high impact with your work and wanting continuous technical and leadership growth, this is the right opportunity for you.
Who you are:
- You have a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in SOC based wireless audio solutions & sound processors.
- Semiconductor experience in the areas of Product Engineering, Assembly/Test or Wafer Foundry.
- You have good understanding of end customer’s product validation and testing (PCB and Phone level).
- You have strong leadership skills with proven ability to drive complex issues to closure in a timely manner and clearly communicate the result.
- You can effectively interface with all levels of the organization including executive level as well as customers.
- You are self-motivated and capable of successfully multi-tasking in a high pressure, fast-paced environment, matrix environment. You demonstrate sense of urgency in your actions.
- You thrive in a team environment.
Your day to day responsibilities:
- You will be driving high quality in product design and manufacturing using best practices such as Lessons Learned, Risk Assessment, Design of experiments DOE, Design for test (DFT), Design for Manufacturability (DFM), etc.
- Prior to product launch, you will work closely with key customer, product development team and manufacturing to surface potential issues early to insure stable/high quality device during high volume manufacturing.
- During high volume production, you will quickly resolve customer issues via leading a cross-functional technical team to determine containment, root cause and corrective actions. You will be interacting with key customer to fully understand the customer’s complaint and provide regular status.
- You will drive team to achieve DPPM goal, customer complaint (RMA) cycle time targets and deliver high quality 8D reports to close RMAs.
- You will be travelling to customer or manufacturing sites for proactive risk mitigation or crisis resolution.