"*" indicates required fields
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
As a Senior Manager Engineering, you will be part of the Technical Management Team. You’ll have the opportunities to get involved in a wider scope of work compared to our larger competitors. You will be responsible for design, development and release of next generation semiconductor manufacturing equipment for projects and programs. While the workload is challenging, you are given the independence and autonomy to perform at your peak. This work requires thinking “outside of the box” in an innovative manner, so you must have the ability to collaborate with others to deliver creative solutions, work well under pressure and pay great attention to small details.
- BS Degree in degree in mechanical engineering or related degree(s) required. MS or PhD preferred.
- 10 years of experience in semiconductor capital equipment, specifically engineering, design, and development of complex mechanical systems including: reactors, vacuum chambers, gas delivery systems, pneumatics, water cooling circuits and vacuum systems
- 5 years management experience in technical or engineering supervisory role
- Experience in the engineering and design of complex mechanical systems including: motion controls, gas, pneumatics, water, and vacuum systems, handling systems, and product packaging.
- Technical/engineering management experience and in the semiconductor industry is a PLUS.
- Demonstrated experience in design, development and integration of system level mechanical features and functions, including configuration control aspects.
- Able to direct/work with a diverse group of people to achieve requirements and specifications on complex projects.
- Ability to create, check, review and analyze mechanical and electrical designs, test procedures and equipment specifications.
- Capability to manage resource schedules/planning/coordinating and reporting activities. This includes interfacing with other organizations and outside vendors.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to present design concepts to management and peers in a professional and effective manner.
- Understanding of materials: metals, plastics, quartz, heat transfer, surface coatings and surface finishes.
- Knowledge of mechanical design and drafting best practices including ASME Y14.5 / ISO 8015 (GPS) geometric tolerances.
- Experience with pedestal heaters and inductive / radiative heating designs
- Thermal design experience is a plus
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinate and Lead Engineering (mechanical, electrical, systems) team responsible for developing and/or making improvements to semiconductor manufacturing equipment.
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise by managing the creation and execution of continuous improvement projects to enhance the reliability and lower the cost of existing platform systems.
- Provide technical guidance to team, manage resource loading, and maintaining schedules for all engineering projects.
- Drive engineering projects from conception through engineering release utilizing Product Lifecycle Process and SAP PLM process
- Represent the engineering team on technical projects and programs. Regularly, prepare and deliver technical project presentations and status to management as well as directly to customers
- Exhibit a self-starter personality with the ability to take on a wide range of technically challenging projects.
- Review and create internal technical specifications, customer technical specifications, industry standards and regulations/standards.
- Evaluate engineering calculations and designs for mechanical, stress, thermal, mechanical, tolerances and fluid dynamics problems.
- Set group and individual goals and objectives; periodically review performance vs objectives.
- Guide, Lead, Mentor, coach, train a team
- Knowledgeable in the requirements for CE, NFPA, Semi S2-95 and other relevant standards as applicable to semiconductor manufacturing equipment.
- Deposition product knowledge required.
- Computer background in Microsoft applications, PTC Creo and AutoCAD.
- Experience with ECO software and interfacing with manufacturing to release designs to production.
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; recommends product and process improvements.
- Able to work/manage with a diverse team to achieve requirements and specifications on complex projects.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly with minimal guidance.
- A critical thinker with proven ability to create effective solutions to complex engineering problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication; ability to present design concepts to management and peers in a professional and effective manner.
- Ability to work in a team environment with aggressive deadlines and multiple priorities while maintaining a team player attitude.
- Self-confident yet humble, with a high degree of integrity.
- An intense desire for success, with an ability to learn and improve from past mistakes
- Strong technical management skills
- Strong team motivation and leadership skills
- Proven ability to drive projects and programs to closure
- Ability to manage many simultaneous small projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong people management skills, ability to motivate and resolve conflict effectively
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to influence others to achieve common goal
- Strong presentation skills
- 10-25% Domestic and International
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This work normally requires extended periods of standing and occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs self-inspection of all work and is responsible for ensuring that all work performed adheres to documentation requirements, company policies and procedures.
- May be exposed to following hazardous materials used or exposed to hazardous environments while performing duties: loud noises, moving objects, flammable/toxic/corrosive materials, hot surfaces, lasers, infrared radiation, electrical/pneumatic (pressurized) circuits and adhesives. This will require that employee wear eye, hearing and hand protection as needed to be protected from exposure.
- This position will require the use of cleanroom apparel and safety equipment.
RELOCATION PACKAGES AND EMPLOYER ASSISTED IMMIGRATION MAY BE AVAILABLE