"*" indicates required fields
This individual will develop Automated Test equipment solutions for complex mixed-signal semiconductor products. He/she will develop schematics and direct layout activities for ATE, innovative Track pad products. The test development engineer will release robust production test solutions for offshore manufacturing.
The Role is a Leader of the Tester Development Team. Our client is seeking an Electrical Engineer with 5+ years of experience in designing and developing Automated Test Equipment (ATE) for Low Voltage electronic hardware and systems. Automated Functional testers will be used for Manufacturing, Engineering and Reliability Testing In addition, he/she will support cost reduction activities such as test time reduction and yield improvement.
Test Development Engineer Responsibilities:
- Support the development and writing of test plans for the product.
- Writing up the final QA and test procedures for the quality technicians.
- Training Key test staff and Module house staff and providing technical support when needed.
- Ensuring all tests and procedures meet Customer and industry standards.
- Jointly develop test plans with cross functional teams to optimize test coverage while minimizing test cost
- Lead ATE-to-bench correlation activities on critical parameters
- Work closely with development team to define Design for testability, develop new test methods and debug issues
- Reviews product test specification and applicable test equipment requirements
- Design and develop Automated Test Equipment for functional test of PCBA & Low Voltage modules.
- Create Production test specification for electronic hardware.
- Develop low-cost embedded systems to interface with various components such as trackpad modules, and connectivity PCBA.
- Read, interpret, and diagnose schematics, wiring diagrams, and circuits.
- Create test programs to communicate with test equipment such as power supply, signal generators, analyzer, etc. and ECU using CAN, LIN, Ethernet & USB.
- Confer and collaborate with cross functional teams, hardware and software teams
- Support bring up, validation, and development of new hardware and systems Requirements
- Possess strong communication skills and a preference for working in teams.
- Hands-on experience designing and debugging products.
- Be able to work closely with design, software, firmware, testing and manufacturing teams.
- Lean Six Sigma and problem-solving basic knowledge.
- Understanding of electrical products, test manufacturing process and test coverage across different machines.
- Ability to communicate in business English.
- Ability to travel internationally for 20% of time
- Engineering experience in EE/CE or equivalent with 5 or more years developing testers for production
- Experience with Python, Linux, and ARM RTOS.