Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related science. Master’s preferred
- 7+ years of experience in semiconductor lab operations
- 3-5 years in a leadership position with indirect and direct reports
- 5S, EHS and other best practice measurement
- Strong experience in project management / business operation role
- Prior responsibilities for effectively managing department budgets
- First-hand experience with systematic and analytical problem solving techniques
Strong knowledge of semiconductor tooling and lab environment
Safety first mentality
Manage relationships with key stakeholders (facilities, engineering and finance) and other labs to align strategic directions
Exceptional customer service focus that results in positive, timely results for internal customers
Good financial acumen
Excellent project management skills including the ability to drive others to meet deadlines and key deliverables
Ability to work responsibly with all internal resources
Strong negotiation skills to work with vendors and suppliers to meet budgets and timelines
Clear and concise (English) verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills across organizations at global levels
Knowledge of and ability to implement structured problem solving techniques
Highly effective management and leadership skills. Able to lead, engage and motivate teammates across different levels
General Job Description
Responsible for managing the overall operations of the R&D demonstration and metrology labs to ensure tooling is operating in a safe, accurate and consistent manner while balancing a dynamic and changing environment.
- Ensures all lab equipment and people are meeting safety requirements and drives labs to zero safety incidents.
- Ensures lab tools have the latest hardware and software BKMs and meet UPTIME requirements. Drives escalations to get lab tools back to operation.
- Works with Engineering to schedule the installation and testing of RFKs and manages refurbishing costs and availability.
- Responsible for leading a team of equipment engineers and metrology employees by motivating, engaging and driving results. Responsible for other key leadership functions such as performance management, hiring, compensation, and team engagement.
- Involved in the selection and purchase of new tools and equipment. Works with internal departments and KPUs to ensure projects get completed on time. Will work with vendors/suppliers to ensure quality, cost and delivery times align with business needs.
- Improves lab equipment performance through effective maintenance management. Reviews and secures service contracts to ensure all lab tools and test equipment are properly maintained.
- Reviews recommended spare lists and maintains required lab spares inventory levels
- Responsible for establishing and operating budgets and working with finance on projections and proposals
- Identifies and resolves technical, operational and organizational problems that may otherwise impact the team’s ability to meet safety, quality, workload, and on-time objectives.