Our client is looking for a highly motivated, technically skilled System Architect to join our Systems Architecture team. Responsibility to include defining and architecting the next generation of market leading audio solutions. You will be involved in the complete life-cycle of product development; starting with a strong focus on requirements capture, analysis, concept feasibility study and solution definition, working directly with design teams on key architecture aspects. Responsibilities
- Collaborate with tier 1 customers, marketing, design, software and applications teams to define the next generation audio solutions products for mobile and consumer electronics markets.
- Detail system and performance requirements generation for both IC and accompanying SW features.
- Determine hardware/software trade-off analysis for key features and requirements, defining most optimal system implementation.
- Establish architecture definition for complex IC/SoC designs involving class AB/D amplifiers, DAC’s/ADC’s, buck/boost converters, charge pumps as well as advanced Digital Signal Processors.
- Lead architecture reviews and participate in IC-level design reviews and board-level design reviews with design engineering, applications, validation and product test engineers.
- Drive domain expertise in Analog and Mixed Signal: lead AMS domain within the System Architecture team be a technical authority to the wider Company.
- Work with Design Engineering, Advanced Technology, MEMS and IP teams on novel solutions to satisfy product and customer needs.
- Contribute significantly to business planning around the Analog and Mixed Signal technology function.
- Communicate ideas and specifications to technical audiences (internal and external customers).
- Work closely with Marketing to establish trusted relationships with key Customers.
- Be the technical voice of the customer back into the portfolio planning and product development processes.
- Understand finer details of customer architectures, road-map, likely evolution of said architectures and work with Marketing to propose the best technical solutions to enhance Customer products.
- Keep abreast of the competitive environment influencing the Customer
Required Skills and Qualifications
- BSEE/MSEE and 5+ years experience designing mixed-signal IC’s with a minimum of 2 years experience performing IC architectural decisions
- Significant experience in architecting, specifying and designing low power, mixed signal components for portable electronic products such as smartphones, tablets, music/video players, etc.
- Good knowledge of analog and mixed-signal IC design techniques (audio circuit design, codec architectures, low power design techniques, silicon processes, transducers, etc.)
- Broad system level knowledge across wider mobile application space
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent commercial awareness
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- An innovative and creative problem solver
- Self-motivated and driven, with the ability to manage own workload
- Excellent attention to detail with strong quality ethic
- Able to work to tight timescales