You will be responsible for defining integrated circuit (IC) and solutions for consumer products by translating the customer’s needs into the detailed design and test specifications used to guide the design of the IC. This position plays a fundamental role in defining next-generation devices and sub-systems for the company’s audio and haptic amplifier business, ensuring those devices meet customer requirements. These amplifier products are often highly dependent on integrated power management sub-systems. This role is highly valued, can receive considerable recognition, and will be part of a close-knit, winning team. This is a highly visible position with significant career advancement opportunities.
- Collaborate with tier 1 customers, marketing, and internal engineering teams to define system and performance requirements, feature set, and architecture definition for complex IC designs which may be composed of integrated DC-to-DC switching buck and/or boost converters, charge pumps, hybrid power converters, audio/haptic amplifiers, general purpose monitors, Digital Signal Processing (DSP), clocking, analog and digital interfaces, and device-to-device communications
- Consider all product requirements such as customers’ requirements, battery technologies, digital/analog process technologies, packaging options, design/system constraints and trade-offs and propose viable solutions
- Communicate ideas and specifications to internal and external technical audiences
- Author, review, and update design specifications and validation test plans
- Participate in architecture reviews, IC-level design reviews and board-level design reviews with design engineering, applications, validation and product test engineers
- Travel domestically and internationally approximately 2 – 5 weeks per year to work with customers
- Autonomously manage contending customer- and project-related priorities
Required Skills and Qualifications
- BS in Electrical Engineering with 7+ years of experience in product definition, architecting or designing DC/DC converters or mixed-signal integrated circuits for audio in portable or power electronic products such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, battery chargers, etc.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- MS in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of relevant experience