"*" indicates required fields
We are looking for a Validation Engineer to support our product teams. Highly multifaceted, results-oriented and driven personality with excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills and the ability to work across functional groups and organization this role, you are hands-on engineer responsible for maintaining strong collaboration with both the pre-silicon emulation and the post-silicon teams. This is your opportunity to develop and execute validation tests plans on lab bench, run and maintain validation infrastructure to ensure our products are highly functional and robust!
- Develop tests on the lab bench per the validation plan during pre-silicon and post-silicon phases of the product to ensure functionality and performance as per the datasheet
- Develop automated test framework and regression test suites to optimize validation efficiency
- Design mixed signal (measurement specific audio, power, ADC/DAC and digital circuits) board schematics and bring-up the platforms
- Collaborate with IC Design engineers, Systems engineers and Application engineers to understand requirements and use cases
- Debug analog and digital silicon issues, board issues and validation software and hardware tools issues
- Partner with the team to implement standard methodologies and continuous improvements to validation methodologies
- Analyze test results and identify failures and defects using business analytics tools such as Spotfire
- Develop and support Hardware (FPGA, DSP, ARM, 8051, JTAG, debuggers) and Software (scripting, schematic capture, C, firmware) collaterals
Required Skills and Qualifications
- BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering with a minimum of 2-5 years of proven experience.
- Experience with scripting or programming languages such as LabVIEW/TestStand, Python or MATLAB.
- Solid hands-on experience in lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, audio analyzers, logic analyzers or spectrum analyzers for measurement and debugging issues
- Strong electrical engineering knowledge in analog, digital, power electronics, signal processing and audio engineering. This includes understanding of mixed signal building blocks such as ADC, DAC, PLLs, amplifiers, signal processing algorithms and measurement methods as well as IC control/communication protocols
- Self-motivated with excellent analytical skills and attention to detail are highly valued as you will need to understand silicon, board and software interactions
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in various automation framework hardware tools (FPGA, DSP, NI Data Acquisition) or software tools/languages (Scripting languages, SQL, test sequencers such as NI Teststand, Spotfire, schematic capture tools)
- Demonstrated aptitude in system understanding of various mixed signal circuits and signal processing methods
- Strong ability to solve measurement problems, develop new measurement methods and debug mixed signal circuits both at board and silicon level